By connecting your Instagram, GRIN can automatically pull in your posts and engagement numbers to deliver to the brands you are collaborating with. GRIN uses first-party data to sync your content and metrics directly from Meta, ensuring the data your collaborating brands receive is secure, accurate, and collected with your permission.
While you’re going through the connection process, you’ll be asked to grant specific permissions so GRIN can read and sync with your content as well as read information available on your Instagram profile. You must accept all permissions for your brands to view your posts and post metrics. These permissions do not give GRIN permission to post on your behalf, view your direct messages, or view or change your sensitive account information.
What You’ll Need
- An Instagram Professional account, which can either be a Business account or a Creator account. You can change your personal Instagram into a Professional account or create a new Instagram account if you want. For more information on creating an Instagram Professional account, you can check out Meta's help articles:
- A Facebook Business page. Check out Meta’s Create a Facebook Page for Your Business article to learn more on how to create a Facebook Business page.
- Your Live URL, where you'll log in to Instagram and give permission for GRIN to sync with your Instagram posts and stats. If you currently do not have an active Live URL, contact your brand to generate one for you.
How to Do It
Once your Instagram Professional account and Facebook Business Page are set up, there are two parts to connecting your Instagram account to your Live URL:
- Connecting Your Instagram Professional Account and Facebook Business Page: This is where you connect your Instagram account and Facebook Page so your posts and engagement rates can be shared directly with GRIN.
- Connecting on the Live URL: This is where you'll log in to your Instagram account on the Live URL and give GRIN permission to access your Instagram posts and stats. Once you finish this part, your posts and engagement rates will be pulled into GRIN automatically for your brand to view and track.
Both parts must be completed for your Instagram content to be pulled into GRIN and are described below.
Connecting Your Instagram Professional Account and Facebook Business Page
Now that you have your Instagram Professional account (either a Creator or Business account) and Facebook Business Page ready, you need to connect the two. The instructions below start on your Instagram profile, but you can also start on your Facebook page by following our article on Connecting Your Instagram From Your Facebook Page.
- Navigate to your Instagram Profile.
- Press Edit Profile.
- Under your Profile Information, press Connect or create next to Page.
- Press Connect an existing Page.
- If you have Meta's Accounts Center enabled, you may be prompted to connect your Instagram account to it. If you see the screen below, press Continue. For more information on Meta's Accounts Center, you can read Instagram's help article About Accounts Center.
If you do not see the screen below, skip to Step 8.
- Press Continue on the next page.
- Press Add on the next page.
- Select your Facebook Business Page and press Done.
- You should now see your Facebook Business Page listed in your Profile Information. Press the checkmark in the top right to save your changes.
Connecting on the Live URL
Now that your Instagram Professional account and Facebook Business Page are connected, you need to log in to your Instagram account on your Live URL and give GRIN access to your Instagram posts and metrics.
- Navigate to your Live URL.
- Select Networks from the top menu bar.
- Next to Instagram, press Connect.
- Enter your Instagram handle.
- Press Continue. GRIN will confirm your Instagram account is either a Business or Creator account.
- If your account is a Professional account, you'll get a success message. Press Connect.
- If you’re not logged in already, log in to your Facebook account.
- Press Continue as…
- Select your Instagram Professional account.
- Press Next.
- Select your Facebook Business page.
- Press Next.
- Ensure all the permissions in What is GRIN allowed to do? are enabled. For more information on these permissions, see our help article.
- Press Done.
- Press OK to complete connecting to Facebook.
That’s it! You should now return to your Live URL, and your Instagram Professional account should now be connected. Now, your brand will be able to view and track your Instagram content and engagement numbers.