In order to receive payouts from the brands you work with, you need to submit your Payout information on your Live URL. This information includes:
- Your payout method, which must be a PayPal account
- Your tax form, which is a W-9 for U.S. residents. For more information on W-9s, check out this article from the U.S.’ Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
You’ll need to have a PayPal account already set up before adding it as a payout method, but you can complete a W-9 directly through your Live URL. Once you set up both of these items, you’ll be able to receive payments from the brands you work with.
Depending on if you elect to withhold your taxes, you’ll may also receive 1099 tax forms at the beginning of each year, which will cover your payouts from the previous calendar year. For more information on 1099 tax forms, see our help article 1099 Tax Forms FAQ.
You won't receive any payments from a brand until you configure your payouts, so be sure to set up your information as soon as possible!
What You'll Need
- A verified Live URL account. For more information on verifying your Live URL account, check out our help article Verifying Your Account.
- An existing PayPal account. Your payments will be sent to that PayPal account. Currently, you can only receive payments through PayPal.
How to Do It
- Navigate to your Live URL > Payouts.
- Press Get Started under Finish Setup.
- Select your country. This should be the country that you file your taxes in.
- Press Set up Tax Information.
- On the "You're almost finished!" screen, press Continue.
- Press + Add Payout Method.
- Fill in your General Information.
- Press Next at the bottom of the page.
- Enter and confirm your PayPal email address. This address should be the one you use with your preferred PayPal account.
- Press Add.
- Press Submit a Tax Form.
- Select I am a U.S. Person.
- Press Continue.
- Fill in your Personal Information.
- In Part II - Taxpayer Identification Number, complete the following:
- Select a Federal Tax Classification. Depending on what you select, you may receive 1099 tax forms at the beginning of the calendar year. For more information, see our article 1099 Tax Forms FAQ.
- Enter an identification number. Depending on what you chose in part a, this might be your social security number, tax identifier type, or employer identification number.
- Open Exemptions (optional) and add exemptions if you need them.
- Press Next.
- Confirm all your information that appears is correct.
- In Part II - Certification, click the checkboxes next to all the statements and enter your name.
- Press Complete W-9.
- Press Submit Form on the Submitting W-9 popup to confirm your submission.
- Select how you'd like to receive your tax statement (either through E-Delivery or Postal Mail).
- Press Continue at the bottom of the page.
That's it! Your payout and tax information have been submitted successfully. Any withholdings selected in your tax forms will be documented in your payment emails going forward. Now, you're ready to receive payouts from your brand!